Thursday, July 28, 2011

MAC: Fix+ and Strobe Cream


MAC FIX+ AND STROBE CREAM 
REVIEW! 


So I have heard and read about both these MAC products on many a beautyblog and youtube channel. Between stress and fatigue my skin has been looking super dull lately so I decided now would be the perfect time to try out these two skin enhancing products. 




Fix+ described by MAC:

"An aqua-spritz of vitamin and minerals, infused with a calm-

the-skin blend of green tea, chamomile, cucumber, topped

with the fresh, natural, energizing scent of Sugi. Adds 

radiance, finishes makeup. Spray it on. Skin drinks it up"

Strobe Cream described by MAC:

The ultimate quick fix for the skin. Super-powered with potent 

botanicals; de-snoozes, de-stresses, moistens, freshens and 

boosts the look of dull, flat or tired-looking skin with a fully 

loaded vitamin zap and a mega dose of green tea. Brightens 

clarifies with iridescent particles and antioxidants. Enhances

the effects of light on all skin and in all lighting conditions 

from sunlight to spotlight"




The main reason I wanted to try these products is that I have 
been noticing lately how some days more than others after I
do my normal make-up routine that my skin looks so drap, 
thick, and lifeless. Especially after I set my foundation with
powder. So I was really hoping these products could help
change that. I first misted my face with the Fix+ after I 
washed my face as a toner. I instantly enjoyed the light sent 
and how it felt on my skin. I then applied the Strobe Cream 
as my moisturizer. It was light, moisturizing, and it did 
leave my skin with a glow to it. Once I applied my foundation
however I could not see the luminescence the cream had 
shown before. I then applied my powder and my skin did look 
somewhat less cakey but the real solution was when I then 
spritzed my face once more with the Fix+. That overly matte 
finish the powder had left was now gone and my foundation 
looked waayyyy more natural. So off the two I was more 
impressed with the Fix+. Its not that I didnt like the Strobe 
Cream but it just wasnt super exciting. Yet the review from 
Don't Go the the Cosmetics Counter Without Me on the 
Strobe Cream raves about the skin benefits of this product
so that makes me more happy about it :) hehe. Here are the 
reviews on both these products from that book.


MAC Strobe Cream: contains mineral pigments to optically

"brighten" skin, which basically means particles of shin to

make skin look radiant rather than dull. Looking beyond

the light show revels a well-formulated moisturizer brimming 

with the essential elements that normal to dry skin needs to 

look and feel its best. Almost all of the antioxidents included

have considerable research documenting their topical

benefits for skin. 


Fix+ : is a standard, but good, alcohol-free toner for normal 

to dry or slightly oily skin. The mist application is convenient,

but don't mist this over your makeup-nothing in this formula

will " finish" it or prolong wear. Quit the opposite is true! 


So she said not to spray it on after to "finish" or set make-
up and I agree with her on that. This is not a setting spray. If 
your looking to have your makeup last longer 
 I would suggest Urban Decay's All Nighter for that. 


But I think Fix+ is fabulous if you are looking to add some moisture 
and a more natural finish to your makeup look! It is also suggested to use instead of water when you want to make your eyeshadow colors more pigmented. Just spritz your brush first then apply shadow with damp brush. 
Thank you for reading! 
xoxo
Melody 




( my skin looking nice n' glowy with my new products! ) 



No comments:

Post a Comment