Sunday, March 20, 2011

Benefit Cosmetics: NEW B.right Skincare Line



     I was lucky enough to get to preview three products from Benefits new skin care line b.right: Radiant Skincare. The new line of skin care is available now on Benefit's website and will be at cosmetic counters starting in April. 


(DISCLAIMER: I received the products free and without any additional compensation from Benefit Cosmetics).





The three products I have tested out are as follows with Benefit's product info: 






  • Triple Performing Facial Emulsion SPF 15- hydrates, protects, and comforts skin with an oil-free lightweight formula $28 
  • Refined Finish Facial Polish- beautifully brightens the complexion and helps minimize the appearance of pores to reveal skins natural radiance. $22 
  • Its Potent! Eye Cream- fades dark circles and helps smooth fine lines for brighter , younger looking eyes. $32


After using these products for a week here are my results and opinions:




  • Triple Performing Facial Emulsion SPF 15- This is a very fresh and light weight moisturizer that I immediately enjoyed the refreshing smell and consistency of. I have had no sign of breakouts or irritation and my skin feels hydrated but not at all greasy or heavy after use. I was actually a little shocked that when I looked into the mirror after only the 1st application how literally bright my skin looked. Benefit got this one right for sure. Although if you have very dry skin this may not be moisturizing enough for you and I would suggest trying their new Total Moisture Facial Cream $38.                                          
  • Refined Finish Facial Polish - This product also has a very pleasant smell and luxurious texture but for being a scrub that Benefit claims is gentle enough for everyday I thought the "perfectly rounded polyethelene beads" were a bit harsh. I am a girl who loves to use a gentle scrub every night ( my favorite is Clarins One Step Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser $35 ) so I am probably only going to use this a couple times a week when I feel like i need a good scrubbin' .                                               
  • Its Potent! Eye Cream - This eye cream claims to fade dark circles but I was a bit skeptical at first because my insomniac driven eyes are laced with dark circles. Yet, I'm not sure if it's all in my head but i swear that my circles do look lighter and its only been a week! Apparently its the cocoa extract that is fadin' my circles but I don't care what it is just give me more. The only thing that really off put me somewhat was the smell of the eye cream. It smells like hand soap so I feel kinda weird like I am putting soap on my eyes BUT I  just read on Benefit's website that the eye cream is unscented because it is for around the eyes so that smell is just the way the ingredients naturally smell together. 
                                                                                    
My overall impression of the line:

  • As with alot of Benefits products on of my favorite thing about the line is the packaging! The blue glass and corked tops reminds me of what a mermaid would use for her skin care regiment. My skin is breakout free, smooth and pretty damn bright. Im impressed. 

For more information:


Me posin' with my b.right info cards!( im all bundled up and cozy because there is a storm in southern Cali who woulda thought lol )                                                                                  




Thanks for reading I would love some feedback!
♥ Melody 

No comments:

Post a Comment